SEED4NA Virtual Summer School
In the second half of May the SEED4NA project is organizing its first Virtual Summer School on innovative and effective teaching in the fields of Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI) and Earth Observation (EO). The Virtual Summer School is targeted at teachers and staff members of higher education institutions in the four partner countries of the project, and consists of four sessions covering different topics related to SDI/EO education and practice.
Session 1: SDI basics and education (Tuesday 18/05/2021, 15:30 – 18:00h)
- Introduction to SDI and the European INSPIRE approach (Andreas Wytzisk-Arens, HSBO)
- Importance of SDI and its multidisciplinarity (Anders Ostman, Novogit)
- SDI in academic education – a sample case (Joep Crompvoets, KU Leuven)
- SDI curriculum developed by BESTSDI project (Željko Bačić, UNIZG)
Donwload presentations from session 1 on links on the righst side!
Session 2: EO basics and education (Thursday 20/05/2021, 15:30 – 18:00h)
- Introduction to Earth Observation – An Overview (Lucas De Oto, UT)
- Earth observation and its role for application domains beyond “geo” – A food security case (Lucas De Oto, UT)
- From images to maps and objects (classification and object detection basics) (Andrija Krtalić, UNIZG)
- Earth Observation in academic education – a sample case (Ansgar Greiwe, HSBO)
Donwload presentations from session 2 on links on the righst side!
Session 3: Curriculum design – From concepts to detailed descriptions (Tuesday 25/05/2021, 15:30 – 18:00h)
- EO4GEO Today of Knowledge – concept, establishment of BoK other tools (Danny Vandenbrouke, KU Leuven)
- CDTool – How to create a curriculum? (Marijan Grgić, UNIZG)
Session 4: Curriculum implementation – From descriptions to courses (Thursday 27/05/2021, 15:30 – 18:00h)
- From module descriptions to lectures – Designing courses (Lucas De Oto, UT)
- Course design and innovative teaching methods: sample cases (Glenn Vancauwenberghe, KU Leuven)
In case you’re interested to participate in one or more of these sessions, please register via the registration form (for each session individually).
This project has received funding from the Erasmus + capacity building in higher education under projec reference number 610328-EPP-1 -2019-1-BE-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
Leave us a note and we will get back to you for a free consultation